Sunday, May 27, 2007

Musings from High Atop Bessiebelle Mountain

Here it is, and, I am quite excited, to say the least. I wanted a way to share some of the new and exciting art I am creating in my studio with family and friends. Please, please leave me comments and thoughts, even just to let me know you have dropped by...My extended family son, Christopher was, as always, my guiding light in setting up this blog, so, kudos, Chris...and may I one day become techno-proficient enough to not lean on you so heavily (so what IS html anyway? and how would I even begin to learn it? AHEM... So, as time goes on, perhaps I'll even achieve some 'bells and whistles' to add on to keep things worth visiting. I will add my artistic efforts, thoughts on their evolution and creation, and who knows? Perhaps it will all take on a life of its' own after a while...

The mountains are the main show here...they dominate us on all levels: our soil is rocks, our lawn is thick woods, our 'neighborhood' roamers are deer, bear, coyote, eagle and the occasional snake. Now is the time for my Summer Prayer: Earth Goddess, please know that I appreciate of of Earth's creatures, but please, during this summer season, let all of my encounters with snakes be safe, and if possible, let them live outdoors, me indoors, and stay, really, out of each other's sight. The coyote is a new visitor. Our dogs do not like the smell, get very nervous if they pick it up, and are more wary than of the occasional bear passing through...life in the animal kingdom...

My Purple Mountain photo is of the Eastern slope of the Blue Ridge, the lush green of our mountain cabin in the second photo is a lazy afternon of counting just how many shades of green can be seen.

Today's art offering is of my friend and step-mother Laura B's birthday gift of a personalized art doll: very much an assemblage piece. She has an actual photo of Laura's face Diamond Glazed, two microscope slides with a 'sandwich' of fusion paper and pseudo-soldering to hold it together. An old fashioned girdle fastener is one arm, and she has a wineglass in one hand for all of the nice glasses of vino we have shared over the years. Legs are rolled antique dictionary pages secured with metallic thread....look closely, you'll see much more...

More another time...today's efforts done...

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Love it!! Love it!!!I am so proud of you!! Now I can show Toma nd the kids where you live and the views that you have and your gardnes etc!! you are going to love this!
Get some more stuff up there as you get time. If you go to the Help section of Blogger , they can tell you how to add links ot other's blogs, other's ETSY Shops (hint, hint) and to your Etsy shop!!

love ya!!
Elizabeth